Bhubaneswar, through participatory decision-making, responsible governance and open access to information and technology, to be a:
• Transit oriented city with a compact urban form that promotes active, connected and sustainable mobility choices
• Livable city providing diverse range of housing, educational and recreational opportunities; while enhancing its heritage, arts and traditional communities
• Child-friendly city providing accessible, safe, inclusive and vibrant public places
• Eco-city co-existing in harmony with nature for nurturing a resilient, clean, green, and healthy environment
• Regional economic centre attracting knowledge based enterprises and sustainable tourism activities by leveraging and empowering its institutions, local businesses and informal workforce
Bhubaneswar’s proposal envisions to retrofit and redevelop 985-acres centered around main Railway Station in heart of the city to a vibrant 24x7 destination- The Bhubaneswar Town Centre District (BTCD). Bhubaneswar’s state-of-the-art Intelligent City Operations and Management Centre (ICOMC) is at the core of its pan-city proposal.