‘Mathruseva' is a digital platform to integrate the existing ecosystem of volunteering with an intent to nudge citizens towards responsible behavior through gamification. This platform can be accessed by any passionate individual, committed towards providing their enthusiastic service, and eventually progressing their community. It diminishes the hurdle of identifying volunteering opportunities while providing a wide spectrum of choices as per their interest, skill, time and location.The platform inturn increases the citizen participation in cities.
Outcomes of the application:
1. Reduce the hurdle of identifying the volunteering opportunities for volunteers, give them to select their own preference and time to participate.
2. It is a common platform for NGOs and Government organizations to post opportunities to engage volunteers without spending money in marketing/outreach.
3. It is a dashboard for all the users (volunteers, NGOs and Government organization) to see the impact of their contribution.
4. Platform will add value such as recognition of their work and socializing on social media to inspire others.
5. It also becomes a dashboard for the ULB to find out the total strength of volunteers into the city, NGOs and sectors in which most of the volunteers want to contribute