Five key aspects of the 2018 HAP to strengthen resilience in Ahmedabad:
- Expanding the use of “cool roofs”―reflective paint on buildings citywide, which helps keep indoor temperatures lower;
- Increasing access to cool drinking water through a city distribution network;
- Enhancing participation of religious groups to spread awareness of heat alerts through places of religious importance;
- Expanding digital and media advertising to raise awareness of taking precautions during heat spikes;
- More training of medical professionals to help protect patients in times of extreme heat.