Kakinada Smart City is in the process of implementation of a Command and Control Centre; the project envisages creating an IT backbone for integrating many civic services. This will improve the accessibility of services and government to citizens. It will also enhance ability of the government to respond fast, by leveraging good quality data and information. The key features of the initiative are:
• Integration of GIS, ERP & Smart Elements over the IoT platform; this component has already been undertaken
• Fiber connectivity & SIM based connectivity
• Disaster Management with sensors & Public Address system
• Smart Poles along with environment sensor, PA system & Wi-Fi etc.
• Single Window Access control
• Improved business agility and responsiveness
• High Security measures