Note: Kindly verify your suitability for below mentioned experience and qualifications before applying.
Project Name: Audit and implementation of OBPAS / OBPS
About the Project:
Audit and implementation of Online Building Permission Application System (OBPAS) / Online Building Permission System (OBPS) would have two components: - Reforms agenda of improving service delivery with lesser human interface and more accountability for India’s performance & rank in EoDB report of the World Bank; and to ensure implementation of OBPS systems in States & Cities as per priority identified by MoHUA.
This project is supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
Purpose of the assignment:
To undertake Third-Party Audit (TPA) based on constant feedback from the users and own access to system, and removing bottlenecks for further improvements in select cities for EoDB and program design, manage and coordinate with relevant stakeholders for implementation of OBPS systems in States & Cities as per guidelines set forth by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
Scope of work:
The broad scope of work of the incumbent Program Manager is to:
- Third Party Audit (TPA) of Online Building Plan Approval System (OBPAS) in select cities for Ease of Doing Business (EoDB).
- Standardize and scale up service level benchmark for the implementation of OBPS across States & Cities in India especially in select cities for EoDB and North East States.
- To support MoHUA with interactions with State Governments, Stakeholders, DIPP, WB, etc.
- Document the implementation process and produce frameworks, guidelines and policy briefs for replication and knowledge sharing.
Role & Responsibilities:
Role: The program manager has to:
a) Coordinate with the team from TCPO and relevant ministry officials; constant interaction with architects and officials of select cities; and constant monitoring of select cities level activities for EoDB requirements
b) Coordinate with all the State level departments and nodal officers to implement the state-specific OBPS by determining the requirements of the state, and communicating them clearly to all the key stakeholders and facilitators.
The responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of points for audit presentation at task force meetings as called by the ministry for EoDB
- Preparation of points for ministry meetings with particular NOC agency and external entities at select cities level, as called by the ministry for EoDB
- Submit interim and final reports to ministry for EoDB requirements at regular intervals
- Coordinate with State nodal officer and representatives of key stakeholders of this project for day-to-day operations
- Conduct the Stakeholder workshops at regular intervals
- Initiate Program for Capacity Building and train the ULBs and relevant stakeholders
- Support in providing training at ULBs (for Architects, Users & Trainers)
- Coordinate with ULBs towards effective public outreach
- Prepare and disseminate the knowledge products that can be adopted by the other states (including process flow documents to understand the step by step procedure)
- Conduct a periodic review the progress of OBPS implementation
- Drive the incorporation of accessibility, safety and inclusivity aspects in online building permission systems especially focussing on persons with disabilities, elderly, women & children
- Any other guidance regarding the smoothening of the process flow of building plan approval.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
This role requires a candidate who is familiar with technology, and has excellent communication and client engagement skills (with preference given to candidates who have prior experience of national level ministries).
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant fields, including management, economics, or public policy
- Minimum 10 years of work experience with 5 years of managerial responsibilities
- Demonstrated expertise in project delivery
- Excellent networking and partnership/liaison building skills
- Proven skills in team leadership, research studies, project management, implementation, quality assurance, setting standards, business planning, due diligence, and monitoring
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Prior exposure to either urban governance sector, public sector, development sector, or consulting is desirable.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills including knowledge management
- High level of spoken and written fluency in English and Hindi
- High personal & professional integrity
- Experience of managing teams and logistics
- Available for extensive travel
Location of position:
Based out of the NIUA office in New Delhi; with travel as required.
Term of position:
The position is on a contractual basis for a period of 1 year, which may be further extended subject to performance and grant/project timelines.
Please provide name and contact information of three references.
At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills. Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Please submit a CV and cover letter through the NIUA portal. Hiring is on rolling basis and applications for this position will be closed as we find a suitable candidate. Encourage prospective and eligible candidates to apply immediately.