Engr. Mohammed Shamsher Ali
Mohd _ S. Ali @restart. com.sa
Mobile Nos: KSA : 00966-506243564
India No : 0091 -8018259611 ( BBSR)
0091 - 9901401111 ( Bangalore)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE : Total 34+ Years
POSITIONS and ORGANIZATIONS SERVED
• Director (Planning). FTTH & Smart City Innovations.
o RESTART Company , Riyadh, Saudi Arab.
• Executive Director
o Telecom Business Development & Planning, Al Sharq Office Co.Riyadh.
• Sector Head/ Group GM:
o Telecom Engineering Sector (TES), Al Sharq Office.Riyadh.
• Department Manager ( Civil & Telecom Projects)
o Telecommunications Department, Al Sharq Office.Riyadh.
• Senior Consulting Engineer, EIS / GIS Projects.
Zuhair Fayez Partnership Consultant, Saudi Arabia
• Senior Network Planning Manager (Telecom Projects).
Information Technology India Limited, India.
• Senior Engineer (SCADA & Communication),
POWERGRID Corporation India Ltd. Corporate Planning & Design, Load Dispatch & Communication Center, New Delhi
• Assistant Director (Power & Telecommunication), UPSC Cadre,
Government of India, Ministry of Irrigation and Power, Central Electricity Authority, Regional Load Dispatch Centre, Bangalore.
• Assistant Engineer : SCADA and Communication, DVC Maithon, Dhanbad, Central Load Despatch Centre.
• Assistant Engineer : Orissa State Electricity Board,(OSEB) State Load Dispatch centre, Bhubaneswar OPSC Cadre.
As an Electronics & Communication Engineer, my experience is a unique example of its own kind. I have spent my professional career mostly in the specialized field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) , Power, SCADA, GIS etc in various respectable positions in India and abroad.
My field of experience and expertise is the combination of all types of communication media and systems starting with PLCC, SCADA, Telemetering & Telecontrol, Wireless (VHF,UHF, Microwave), Fiber Optic (OPGW,ADSS,FTTX), Satellite and GSM systems that will be very much useful for planning, designing and implementing the most advanced and viable solution for any organization.
Decades of my professional experience, committee members and association with various Govt, private and public sector utilities, Telecom Operators and manufacturers puts me to a strong platform for designing the state of the Art systems under ICT domain for the FTTH & Smart City Projects. Extensive exposure to operational fields, technology and innovations have comfortably placed me on project management with planning and marketing of ICT Products and projects.
MAIN POSITIONS in KSA: (22+ years)
1. Director Marketing& Planning, RESTART Riyadh : : January 2014-Contd
2. Executive Director (BDM & Planning) Al Sharq Office. : October 2012 – Dec. 2013.
3. Sector Head / Group General Manager (TES) : January 2009- October 2012
4. Advisor and Projects Director : October 2007- Dec.. 2008
5. Department Manager : October 2006 – Sept. 2007
6. Manager Planning, Design and Business Development : January 2002 – Sept. 2006
7. Senior Consultant (GIS/ Network Planning) forAir Defense : May 1995 - Dec. 2001
As(Engineering Manager, Department Head, Advisor cum Projects Director, Sector Head, Director , Business Development & Planning, OSP Network Design Manager):
o Strategic Technical Member on developing and executing various Telecom and infrastructure Projects for the Company. Comprising the FTTH Roll outs and Smart city Projects.
o Key Manager for the Design, Demonstration and Implementation of Dura Line Micro-ducting solutions for the FTTH and Smart City Projects in the Kingdom.
o Vital role on various diversification Projects for the Company, by imparting key support to Telecom Operators (STC/Mobily/Zain) and vendors (Huawei/Alcatel).
o Strengthening the Core Engineering Team (Planning, Design, Marketing, Logistic Management, Project Management).
o Planning for Short Term and Long Term Telecom Business for the Company to generate business on Access, SNFN, LDN and FTTX domains.
o Focus on creating, developing and strengthening the Company resources.
o Strategic business development plan for growth of Telecom Business in Al Sharq
Growth graph is exponential since 2003 ( 0.25 m, 5m, 15m, 21m,29m, 45 m, 75 m)
o Change on the Telecom Infrastructure business through ( OSP, Copper & Fiber, FTTX business)
Growth graph is tremendous since 2004 ( 15m, 25m, 32m, 49m, 115million)
o Telecom business growth in Fiber, ADSL, CDMA, Wi-Max, Core Telecom, FTTX, GPON and GSM segments.
o Initiated, established and managed the OSP Fiber O&M Project for Mobily & STC.
o Penetrated in to various progressive business from MOI,SWCC,MODA, SRO, SEC, Huawei, Mobily,Honeywell &Wipro
o Created expertise and skill within Al Sharq to become one among the best Implementer for Huawei, Alcatel, Ericsson and other Vendors on Core, GPON, Transmission and ODN.
o Closely associated with FLAG landing points and GCC interconnection of Fiber Link to neighboring Countries of MENA Region on survey and bidding.
Manager Engineering, Planning and Quality Implementation (Jan’ 2003- Dec’
• Managing the Engineering & Design wing for Copper, Fiber, RAN and associated Telephone Network Designs of STC, MODA, Railway, RSAF, MOI, SWCC and other clients.
• Project Manager for Geophysical Survey and Planning of Utilities Network for Ministry of Electricity and Water for Kingdom of Bahrain.
• Managing the OSP Digitized Plans Update (DPS / GIS) Project of Saudi Telecommunications Company for major Cities.
• Survey, Design and Bidding of Saudi Railway Organizations (SRO) Riyadh Dammam Railway Project for dedicated Fiber Optic Network.
• Planning and implementation of ADSL Installation Projects of STC.
• Market review, analysis and planning of CDMA Networking Systems.
• Involved in various Tendering Process for GSM, Microwave, WLL, Fiber Optic, RAN, Digitization of OSP Network System and other associated Networking Jobs.
• Associated with M/s ALCATEL, Mobily, SIEMENS, MOTOROLA, ERICSSON, LUCENT & Intergraph for Planning and development of Countrywide OSP and GSM Network.
• Involved and coordinated the Design of Electric Substation works for Civil, E &M HVAC Works.
• Engineering support to manage the Kingdom wide STC Construction and Maintenance Network Projects of the company in Copper, Fiber & GSM.
• Manager in charge to implement the ISO 9001-2000 Quality Program for the Company.
Network Planning & Design Engineer, (January 2002 till January 2003).
Saudi Telecommunication Company, Jubail Telecom District Engineering Department.
• Planning and Design of Primary and Secondary Network
• Review and Planning of Optical Fibre Network for RAN
• Preparation and Monitoring of Cabinet Utilization Factors, Held Order and various other works.
• Preparation and tracking of Department Budget and, Work Orders
• Review and summarize the Access Network Fundamental Planning Reports
• Associated with various day-to-day Engineering activities of the Department, in co ordination with the Planning and the Construction Managers.
Senior Consultant & Project Engineer (EIS/GIS Projects) -(May’95 to Dec’ 01)
ZUHAIR FAYEZ PARTNERSHIP CONSULTANT, an internationally managed Engineers, Architects & Information System Consultants and ISO 9001-9003 certified Organization of the Kingdom.
Worked as a Senior Telecommunication Engineer to provide technical and supervisory support to the company in the field of Military and Air Defense Communication for building up the following Engineering Applications for all the Air Bases of Royal Saudi Air Force.To carry out the above assignment I had the responsibilities to provide expertise and technical support to the company in the following fields of Communication.
Planning Activities: For the Air Base Communication system, Airport and Air defense systems by incorporating the concept of utilizing the state of the Art Fiber Optic Communication Systems, Digital Multiple Access Radio, Global Systems Mobile (GSM), Satellite Systems, ISDN & ATM techniques etc. in consultation with the Engineers of Lucent Technology, BTC, ERICSSON, NORTEL, NOKIA, ALCATEL, British Aerospace, MODA, MEPA and STC. In addition to the above
Senior Manager (Wireless Projects) : (Feb 1995 – May 1995)
Information Technology India Limited, Usha Telecom, New Delhi.
Worked as a Senior Manager (Telecom) to support Information Technology India Limited (India) to develop the most modern communication system for the country for providing the Basic Services to the nation in the field of GSM (Cellular & Mobile) communication, Mobile Trunking with a mix of PSTN and their own dedicated network, in association with their international counterparts
Senior Consulting Engineer (SCADA Communication) (March 1992 to May 1995)
POWERGRID Corporation of India Limited, Corporate Communication Centre, New Delhi
As an expert in the core Communication Engineering group of the corporate Load dispatch & Communication Department of POWERGRID, associated with the world Bank appointed leading Consultants from, ECC INC. USA, IVO (FINLAND), SWEDE POWER (SWEDEN) and MACRO Corporation, (USA).
1) For the design, development and establishment of a Hierarchical control center in the country, by implementing the state of the art EMS/SCADA functions, for the integrated operation of power system in the country for the coordinated implementation of Load Dispatch and Communication facilities at the state and the regional level as unified scheme within each region.
2) Committee Member: to Plan the Private Telecom Network for POWERGRID on Fiber Optic and Microwave System, as a joint Venture Project, in collaboration with the foreign Companies like: Northern Telecom (USA) & ESCORTS India Limited (India), Malayasia Telecom. With Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd. (India.) National Grid Corporation (U.K) and Reliance Industries Limited (India).
Assistant Director (Power Telecom Operations) (September 1986 to April 1992.)
Ministry of Irrigation and Power, Central Electricity Authority, Government of India, Southern Regional Load Dispatch Center Bangalore, India.
Assistant Engineer (Communication), (September 1983 to September 1986)
Communication Division (Damodar Valley Corporation), Maithon Dam, Dhanbad.
Assistant Engineer (Telecommunication), (April 1982 to September 1983)
Telecommunication Circle, OSEB Government of Orissa, Bhubaneswar, India.
Major Responsibilities (for Jobs in India)
Project Planning Committee Member: Associated with the different State Electricity Board planning team members to materialize and execute the following Project activities.Survey, planning and study of the World Bank funded projects for the improvement of Power Generation and Distribution scenario for the Southern Regional Electricity Board (India).
Maintenance, Repair, Installation, Commissioning and Supervision of different classes of Communication, Data Transfer, Tele-protection, Tele-control and Tele-metering Equipment’s as used in Various types of Communication media like PLCC, UHF, VHF and PTT leased circuits and associated communication and Electronic peripherals.
Familiar with the equipments from BBC/ABB, HBB, SIEMENS, BPL, Phillips and other national and international brands. Work places involved were the Power Distribution points at Electric S/S 33kV/110kV/132 kV/220kV/400kV and Generating Stations (Hydro, Thermal, Gas and Nuclear). Control Canters – Sub Load Dispatch, State Load Dispatch, Regional and CentralLoadDispatchCenters.
EDF France and MERTZ & MCLELLAN (UK) : For the design, development and establishment of the most advanced ComputerizedLoadDispatchCenter in the Southern Region of India, by implementing the state of the Art EMS/SCADA functions for the integrated operation of Power system in the country. The communication and Control was planned through a mix of PLCC,Microwave, Fiber Optic and Satellite Systems. Involved as an active associate to implement the MINI SCADA system for the Southern Regional Grids of India.
Worked as a Faculty Member:
• National Power Training Institute (Government of India), Delhi
• Human Resources Department POWERGRID Corporation, Delhi
Delivered Lecture on the advanced Communication topics like.
• Fiber Optic the Information Super Highway
• Communications Options for SCADA Design
• GIS Project planning and Implementation
• Network Planning & Telephone Traffic Analysis
• Advance Data Communications Standards and Protocols
• Tele-metering & PLCC Techniques in Power utilities
• Microwave and Satellite Communication
• Installation Commissioning and Maintenance of various Communication Network Systems.
TECHNICAL PAPER PRESENTATION:
Role of Fiber Optic & Satellite Communication on Power Sector Environment, for the National Workshop on “Communication Requirements for the Integrated Operation of Power Systems “in India.
FIBRE OPTIC (FLAG)- A universal Carrier of gigabit Information for all Utilities”. For the 7th Technical Meeting of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),Saudi Arabia Chapter at KFUPM Dammam. (Emphasis on Leasing, utilizing the Spare Fiber of SCECO, MODA, ARAMCO) Utilization of FLAG Capabilities through Electrical Grid.
Active participation under FTTH MENA Annual conference at Sultana of Oman 2015.
Technical Paper Presenter for SMART CITY Oman Summit , March 2017 . " Smart City Implementation & Operational Challenges".
Participation in Saudi Smart City , Vision 2030, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Riyadh. March 2017.
SCE: (Professional Member Saudi Council of Engineers).
IEEE: (The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Inc.)
PMI: (Professional Management Institute, USA)
FTTH: (Member FTTH Council Middle East & North Africa)
Participations : Various GITEX,FTTH MENA Council, Technical and Marketing Seminars (Oracle, SAP, CITC, Huawei, Mobily, STC, Duraline, Lancier, Ericsson, ABB, Siemens etc.)
Attended GEPC Huawei Conference : Dubai & Shenzen, China
Technical Support for : CITC , Royal Commission, MOT, MOI,SEC, STC, Mobily on various projects and FTTH Roll out solutions. and Smart City Connectivity projects.
1. 22 years of Professional Experience in the Kingdom and 13 years in India, with Power and ICT domain.
2. Decades of involvement and familiar with the STC & Mobily, SEC, SRO, MOI, MODA, RSAF, ARAMCO, Royal Commission, GCC and other government and public Sector’s Communication Network in the Kingdom.
3. ICT Manager, Engineering Background, familiar with Professional Project Management Systems, as per Regulatory Authorities (CITC) guidelines.
4. Extensively familiar with Country’s Border, all Cities and Remote locations, neighboring GCC countries and related Business Arena.
5. Conversant and associated with various government agencies policies, procedures, formalities on obtaining permissions, site acquisitions, handing over , safety and Quality standards.
• My Excellent Academic Career, Professionally tuned Engineering skill on IT &EIS planning and Design, Marketing, Customer Services, Consulting, Managerial and Administrative Experience of three decades will be an asset for any Organization.
Being native of Odisha (Pipli) , I am excited to share and contribute my expertise for building my own City - Bhubaneswar ( the pioneer on India's Smart City ).
ODISHA CONTACT :
1. Mohammed Shamsher Ali, C/O : Mohammed Afser Ali
Binory Nagar, Kesura, Bhubaneswar.-- 0091 9437001686
2. C/O :Engr. M.Iqbal Hyder., C-13. B.J.B Nagar , Bhubaneswar.-- 0091 9437006194
3. C/O . Mohammed Kausar Ali. Vill / P.O : Danogahir, Pipli, Puri.- 0091 9937909815